Monday 1 February 2010

Day 9 Rosbery to Queenstown

Date: 14/JAN/2010
Route:Rosebery - Zeehan - Queenstown
Distance: 76km
Accident: 0
Puncture: 0
Weather: Cloudy then fine
Accommodation: Queenstown Cabin and Tourist Park ($10 / Unpowered)

I had a laziest morning today by sleeping in till 8.30am! That's because here in the West gets really cold in the morning. It was too cold to do something, even going to the toilet. I assume it was around 5 c ish. I can't imagine living here in the middle of winter.

Today's ride was relatively shorter in distance and less hillier as I decided not to go to Strahan. (Strahan is located in the very west of Tasmania, probably the most popular tourist town in the western Tasmania with its famous Macquarie Habour) I stopped by Zeehan on the way. Zeehan was once a massive town with the population of 10,000 with the mining industry. Time went by, as the minging industry diclined, the town became smaller and smaller and quieter and quieter. Now, Zeehan has a lot of empty house with handful of people.


Empty Town - Zeehan

I stopped by a lunch bar there. I had the traditional burger (hamburger + bacon + onion + cheese), which was really good. The meat was thick and well cooked and bread was lightly toasted.


Queenstown

I arrived in Queenstown at about 3.30pm. As usualy I pitched the tent, took shower, and wondered around the town. Queenstown is such a messy town with massive bald mountain and polluted (looking) water. Tourists are normally hate this town, but I found this place unusal and because of that I liked it. It is extremely to see a bald mountain in the middle of Tasmanian Rainforest area. Whatching the mountain brings me feel the history of prosperity and dicline of the town.


Queenstown

That's it. Tomorrow, I am heading to the famous 99-Bend Road, many hills, rivers, mountains, and water falls so It will be the biggest highlghts of RDU2!

Chips 'n' Gravy and Souvulaki - Tea

Today's Route

View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. chips and gravy look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Prawi

    It was good to have a hot meal like that in that Tassie weather. Catchya soon!

    Yohei

    ReplyDelete