Sunday 14 December 2008

About the Ride Down Under

About The Ride Down Under
Welcome to The Ride Down Under.
This is the official blog of Yohei's bike tour, The Ride Down Under. (Well, no one make unofficial blog for my trip though,,,)
This time I'm riding in Western A
ustralia from Perth to Esperance from 17 December for about 3 week.

The Objective
The objectives of the RIDE DOWN UNDER are:
-To explore WA touris
t sites,
- To find hidden and unknown secret sites, restaurants, pubs, etc
-To challenge myself,
- To make people more bicycle and environmental friendly,

-and of course to have heaps of fun :)

The C
ourse

(A)Perth – Mandurah (73km)

(B)Mandurah – Bunbury (106km)

(C)Bumbury – Busselton (49km)

(D)Busselton – Cape Naturaliste – Dunsborough – Yallingup (56km)

(E)Yallingup – Margaret River (41km)

(F)Margaret River - Augusta (50km)

(G)Augusta – Nannup(83km)

(H)Nunnup – Bridgetown (45km)

(I)Bridgetown – Pemberton (67km)

(J)Pemberton – Northcliff – Walpole (125km)

(K)WalpoleParry BeachDenmark (78km)

(L)DenmarkAlbany (51km)

(M)Albany – Boxwood Hill (118km)

(N)Boxwood Hill – Jerramungup (60km)

(O)Jerramungup – Ravensthorpe (110km)

(P)Ravensthorpe – Esperance (186km)

*the course may change subject to my feeling

The Distance
Perth - Esperance
1,249km
(According to the Google Map)
*the distance may change subject to my feeling.

The Bike
Bianchi Lupo
This is the bike I use for the Ride Down Under. As it is a cycle cross bike, it is not particularly designed for touring, but I'm sure she will do the job well. I put a pair of pania bags on the back of the bike and place a tent and sleeping bag on the carrier. In this trip I use the tyre of 700x23, it might be too thin but hope it will work well as well.





Special Thanks

Thanks heaps for your guidance and encouragement. Can't imagine I'm able to do this without your help!
Information for Action (Rowland)
Fleet Cycle Perth (Jack)
Ideal Cycle Freo
Sunday Fix Crew (Ashley, Alex, Prawi, Eric, Nathan and all other crew)
Kyoto Bike Crew (Sanbo, Kondo-kun, Tabacchan(kimi), Sayacafe-san, Hamutaro, Nanbu-san and other all other crew.)
Paul, Mark, Nishimoto, Yana, Betty, Dee and my mother and brothers.

Well, hope I will safely back Perth alive.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds so awesome. I am sure you're going to have more interestinig holidays than me...Damn, why I haven't gone with you? Well, def. take lots of pictures and enjoy every day! However, don't become fed up with biking cause as I told you once you're back I am ready to bike as well (hopefully).
    I am sure that this is going to be amazing!!! Fingers crossed! Take care.

    ReplyDelete