Friday 19 December 2008

Day 3

Day 3 19/12/08
Bunbury - Busselton
Distance - 76.83km
Weather: Fine
Puncture: 0
Accident: 0
Accommodation: Jian's place

The night was good fun as I stayed at a YHA instead of Camp site. But the bed was too soft. I like a bed like a wood.

I saw quite a few Korean working holiday makers at this place. (Actually, 6 people in my room 4 Korean, 1 German, and me) They work at a chicken farm from 6am - 6pm nearly every day. I thought that working holiday is not easy holiday.

This morning I woke up at 5.30. They are already gone to work, god they are real hard workers.
Anyway, I had some garlic bread and fruit from last night for breakfast and left the hostel around 7.00.

Today was not a too hard day as the way to Busselton is just 50 km ish. Also, there was a tourist drive on the way, so wasn't bothered with the traffic so much this morning.

Arrive in Busselton about 11.00am. This was actually second time to visit here but, the beach in this town is AWESOME!! I really want to show you the photos of the beach but due to the computer I can't really show you right now. ) It is really like painting or something.

As I had plenty of time to wonder around the town I went town's major places of interest,Old Butter Factory, Courthouse Art Centre, and did some ride alongside the Geographe Bay. (Actually the most popular place of this town is the Busselton Jetty, the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere of the globe, but I've been there already so I didn't go there this time.)

1. Old Butter Factory
This sounds fun isn't it. I went there and there was a paper on the entrance door.

DUE TO RESTORATION WORK TAKING PLACE WITHIN THE MUSEUM, THIS MUSEUM WILL BE SHUT FROM TUESDAY 16 DEC, 2008 until SATURDAY, 27 DECEMBER, 2008

Okay, they are working of restoration during the Christmas as well.
let's move on.

2. Courthouse Art Centre
This art gallery was unexpectedly good, with arts drawn or created by the local artists (Consequently, most arts are related to its beach.) and the building of the art gallery was used to be a real court house so there were cells for bad people and a court room as well.

3. Ride alongside the Geographe Beach
As I mentioned the beach of Busselton is AWESOME. There are beautifully maintained bike path alongside the bay as well, so I rode bike on the path. It was good, but felt a bit too long (10km for one way from the Jetty to the end of the path.)

Something like that from today, I have got a place to sleep at Gian's place, he is Ash's friend and tomorrow he will take me to a mountain bike ride, sound awesome.

But I need rest before, Riding whole day under the sun makes me tired very quickly.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Aus seems to to be heaven for you and all bikers. there isn't a well-maintained road in jap, is there !? Be safe and good luck ! Don't miss fireworks at the New Year day's eve ! and go dive in sea as soon as it turns 2009 like the Australians. I heard it in Mattew's class

    ReplyDelete