Saturday 30 January 2010

Day 8 Cradle Mountain NP - Rosebery

Date: 13/JAN/2010
Route:Cradle Mountain National Park - Tullah - Rosebery
Distance: 93km
Accident: 0
Puncture: 0
Weather: Cloudy, drizzle, fine, drizzle again then cloudy and finally sunny
Accommodation: Rosebery Caravan & Tourist Park ($10 / Unpowered)

This morning was freezing! I was waring extra clothes but still very cold. That's the mountain weather. What's more this place's weather is so unstable (see the weather above) . One moment sunny but the next moment is rainy. I couldn't believe it was in the middle of summer there.

I went to the national park area of Cradle Mountain before heading to the west. I did the famous 6km Dove Lake Circuit Walk. This lake walk took me to some of the best spots view the cradle mountain. The weather was initially raining but as went on it got better and I could partly see the mountain under the blue sky. The walk was about 1.5h and it was very easy walk with one moderate hill.


World Heritage Listed Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake - Cradle Mountain


An alpine plant - Cradle Mountain

After the walk, I packed up all my stuff and headed the west. I got the highest development road of cradle mountain (930m).



I am on the top! - Cradle Mountain


When I was resting the point I came across other cycle tourists. They were German couple and French man. I was surprised by their bikes their bikes were massive, they were probably mountain bikes based touring bike and all the touring equipments were loaded and there luggage was also massive. The couple had been travelling in Australia for 2 years and the man was 5 years! I see that's why. I want to ride like that one day with no time restriction how fun it would be.


The German and French Cycle Tourists - Cradle Mountain


After the highest point, I was going down, down, down, down, down, down, down , and up!!! Then today's bed, Rosebery.


Down, Down, Down! - Road C132

This town is a small mining town so this town is not touristy at all. However, I liked this town, because of its surroundings. (Remark* I tend to like places which is not too touristy.) Although this small town don't have much to offer to tourists it is completely surrounded by mountains so the view from was great and air is fresh and clear.

Well tomorrow I am heading to Queenstown via Zeehan. I assume it will be a great history learning day ride.

It is getting dark. Have a good night.

Today's route

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment