Wednesday 27 January 2010

Day 5 Port St Helens to Lilydale

Date: 10/JAN/2010
Route:St Helens - Derby - Scottsdale - Lilydale
Distance: 145km
Accident: 0
Puncture: 0
Weather: Cloudy then fine
Accommodation: Lilydale Falls Reserve (Free / Toilets and Water Falls)

This morning I was up at 5.3oish and had a slow breakfast as there was a TV in the campers' kitchen and it was showing 80's pop music.

As soon as I left St Helens many hills were waiting for me from moderate hills, normal hills, extremely steep hills, short hills to long hills. So today was the day of hills, I would say. Therefore It was a challenging terrain but the scenery was amazing as well.


Feeling like the Jurassic Period - Weldborough Pass Rainforest Walk


Like snow - Near Derby


Fish in the wood - Derby

In Derby I met a group of cycle tourists. They are from Germany, France and Australia. One of the guys were travelling with $175 bike from K-mart so the peddles and seat post was already bent with this rolling hills. That was legend, mate.

That was the major event of today. Otherwise I was riding, riding and riding for whole day from 7.00am to 5.30pm as I wanted to go as further as possible.

The campsite didn't have a shower so I took a natural shower under a fall. I felt like very wild today. Like the Man vs Wild. :)

You have to do this to survive - Lilydale Falls

All good but very tired today. My legs need good rest tonight. Good night.


Tea Time


Today's Route

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment