Tuesday 26 January 2010

Day 4 Bicheno to St Helens

Date: 09/JAN/2010
Route:Bicheno - St Helens - Binalong Bay - Bay of Fires - St Helens
Distance: 116.90km
Accident: 0
Puncture: 0
Weather: Fine then cloudy and windy
Accommodation:BIG4 St Helens Caravan Park ($33 / Unpowered Site)

Started the day with the farewell for James, today's goal was Tassie's most visited natural attraction Bay of Fires where Tasmania's best beaches are. The ride was smooth as I got a reasonable tail wind for the first 30 to 40km. Terrain was basically flat with oceanic and forestry views. There was hardly no traffic!


Ragged Mountain - A3 HWY

I arrived at today's bed, St Helens at 11.30am. This caravan park, BIG3 was extremely expensive ($33/ Camp Site). Well, its a well facilitatd caravan park with new kitchen, clean bathroom and plenty of kids playing ground but I thought they are too profit oriented. It's not my taste, I like more wild places.


St Helens

Anyway, thinking this sort of thing I piched the tent, left all the heavy stuff in the tent, I went to check out the best beaches in Tassie. Bay of Fires was about 12km north east of St Helens. The beachs were massive and beautiful, but I realised one thing. Although there are beautiful beaches and a quiet a few number of tourists here but why no one is swimming in the beach?

I was expecting to swim here so jumped in the beach. I immediately realised why people don't swim there. The water was FREEEEEEEEZING. Couldn't hardly stay in the water for few minutes.

Its a not swimming place, nice viewing beaches.


Beautiful Sandy Beach - Bay of Fires


Like some resort island - Binalong Bay
Then, I went back to St Helens, did shopping, had some snack, and now I am writing this diary.

Another day was over, it seems to be going to be a hard day tomorrow with a lot of climbing so I will do a lot of stretching tonight and go to bed early enough. Good night.

Today's Route

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment